Last reviewed: 06/04/2021 09:43 - John Lamb, Commercial Manager
We remain open! We are uniquely placed to operate fully during the Coronavirus / Covid-19 issue. See below for the full details. Please note our hours are as normal. See here for the opening times of self storage near you.
However, through our web site you can start using our storage at any time with all access details supplied once you have checked-in - just like you do for a flight.
- Following the latest lockdown (04/01/2020) the government advice is:
You can still move home. People outside your household or support bubble should not help with moving house unless absolutely necessary. Estate and letting agents and removals firms can continue to work. If you are looking to move, you can go to property viewings. Follow the national guidance on moving home safely, which includes advice on social distancing, letting fresh air in, and wearing a face covering."
- The Stay At Home rule ended on the 29th of March 2021 and it should now be easier to get things done. Whether that's clearing out your house, moving, decorating, you name it!
- We have had the Health & Safety Authority visit several of our locations and we're pleased to say they are happy with how we are dealing with the situation and the provisions we have in place.
- Our storage locations are now completely staffless. Creating a safe, secure environment for you to visit if essential. Our site maintenance teams still visit on a regular basis to clean the site and to wipe down and disinfect key areas such as touch pads.
- Some of our staff, administrators, managers and directors are working from home. Able to oversee the companies activities while still following government guidelines.
- All our day to day services are operating as normal and open to customers at these difficult times. This is due to our ability to operate the site safely and securely without any staff on site. This is our usual way of operating, so we are practiced in working this way in a safe and secure manner.
If you are visiting site please follow social distancing. If there is already someone unloading or loading where you need to be, please wait until they are out of the way. If you are using a site with a lift, please keep clear of it while someone else is using it.
Our staff are already able to operate the sites remotely, lone working from home and other locations, as they currently do out of hours to help with customer issues.
Helpful, Friendly and professional from the get go. I can not recommend them enough. Nothing negative they do exactly what they say they will do at a good price.
COMPLETE SATISFACTION. I found this company excellent, there communication, service and general helpfulness. Would use again and certainly recommend. The whole experience was easy and no stress, everything was explained and went to plan. Many many thanks to the whole team.
Great service - very attentive and always on hand for any queries. Clean and tidy facility.
I had occasion to use UK Storage when I sold 2 properties and needed to store the contents while my new house was being built. They made what was potentially a very stressful situation easy. When I was clearing my first house, I only had a few days' notice of proposed completion. I chose UK Storage and I'm glad I did. I filled in the form and was phoned almost immediately checking that the info was correct. I was moving furniture from Wales and the company phoned to check that Tunstall was the right location for me as there was a nearer storage unit. I explained that I was moving to a new house nearer to Stoke. So everything was confirmed and dealt with efficiently. On the removal day I needed an extra unit which was supplied promptly without hassle. My next move was 6 weeks later when just one unit was needed. Again everything went through smoothly. The premises are clean and modern and secure. All 3 units were on the ground floor. I had occasion to visit once on my own. As a single woman I felt very safe there, both inside and outside. The price was very reasonable. Every transaction was smooth and seamless. I can absolutely recommend UK Storage and would use them again myself without hesitation. Thank you to all the team for your support during a very stressful time!