General Builder / Construction Worker
Salary: £23,400 per annum
UK Storage Company is looking for a new member of our construction team. We design and build all our own warehouse storage fit-outs. General building skills and a good work ethic are required. This position is for a multi-skilled builder or carpenter, with minimum five years' experience. Specific experience within the storage industry is NOT required. In-house training will be provided, if needed.
We have two teams:
* AWAY team - You will be based in Bridgwater, however this team works away 3 - 5 days per week at our sites further afield. You receive a 10% increase in wages when working away and a £35 / day subsistence payment for each overnight stay. Travel in a company vehicle is paid at full pay to and from site and accommodation is provided.
* HOME team - Travels from Bridgwater to our nearer sites daily in a company vehicle. Travel to and from sites is paid at full pay. Infrequent overnight stays may be needed. (In this case, the AWAY team wage increase and subsistence payments apply if staying overnight.)
Please include in your covering letter whether you are employed, willing to join the AWAY or HOME team and any notice period required.
The hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:30 pm. The head office is based in Bridgwater, but you will travel to various UK Storage locations in a company provided vehicle. Full pay for travel is provided both ways.
Overtime is available - as much as you want! Our team generally start early and finish at normal time, so overtime is in the morning, rather than the evening.
The job is open and available immediately.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,400.00 /year
- general labour: 1 year (Preferred)
- building: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bridgwater TA6 (Preferred)
Contact Number: 01278 424374
Send your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org